Position Opening for Assessment Librarian
(tenure-track faculty position)
University of Tennessee at Martin, Paul Meek Library
The Paul Meek Library seeks applicants for a 12-month tenure-track Assessment Librarian at the Assistant/Associate Professor level to begin tentatively January 1, 2017. A MLS from an ALA-accredited program is required. Applicants must have 1-2 years library experience. A background that suggests a strong commitment to public service and the ability to work with diverse users, staff, and faculty is desired. The selected candidate must have excellent problem-solving, organizational and communication skills.
Experience in project management and knowledge of quantitative and qualitative assessment methodologies and their application in academic libraries are preferred. Preference will be given to candidates with experience using statistical software applications, such as Excel, SPSS, atlas.ti, etc. Salary is negotiable based on qualifications and experience. The successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate the ability to work successfully in a team environment, as well as independently. Job Responsibilities: A. Assessment
• Provides leadership in assessing library services.
• Plans, develops, and implements library-wide assessment programs, initiatives and strategies that enable continuous review, evaluation and improvement of services.
• Monitors and coordinates assessment projects throughout the library.
• Identifies key data that measure the impact of the library’s collections, services, facilities, news, and events.
• Provides assessment, training, data-management consulting and support services to the library’s faculty and staff.
• Develops and consults on surveys and other assessment tools.
• Coordinates the gathering of library-wide statistics for external surveys.
• Coordinate the reporting/archiving of library statistical data.
• Provides UT Martin and UT System required library assessment documentation.
• Represents the library on assessment issues at the university, system and national level. B. Other Duties
• Serves as Library liaison to designated departments, providing collection development (with a primary focus on undergraduate populations), and creates and updates Library Research Guides and other finding aids, tools, or tutorials.
• Staffs the reference desk on a scheduled basis, including some evenings and weekend hours.
• Maintains awareness of trends and advances in the field by attending professional workshops, meetings, conferences and other events.
• Performs other duties as required.
The successful candidate will be joining a caring and nurturing academic community. The University of Tennessee at Martin is a primary campus in the University of Tennessee System. The campus has been recognized as one of the safest in the nation. It is located in Northwest Tennessee, approximately 120 miles north of Memphis and 150 miles northwest of Nashville. The University’s emphasis is rooted in excellence of undergraduate and graduate instructions. For details about Martin, TN, click: http://www.cityofmartin.net/
Interested persons should apply online at: http://www.utm.edu/departments/personnel/fac_emp.php
. Application review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applicants must provide a letter of application, résumé/curriculum vitae, full contact information of at least three professional references, and unofficial transcripts.
Candidates invited for interviews will be required to make a presentation to the library faculty and staff; the individual hired will be required to supply official transcripts and is subject to a mandatory criminal background check.
The University of Tennessee is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/ Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution in the provision of its education and employment programs and services. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status.